Friday 31 May 2013

Project - Bedroom makeover planning

Those of you that visit the blog regularly will have noticed a lack of activity - on top of an extraordinarily hectic May in general I've been busy decorating and sprucing up my home and, to be completely honest, on top of the day job I've just been too busy / shattered to post, now however, I could o with a hand! 

I spotted this little beauty on Achica this week and had to snap it up - it's an ideal addition to our spare bedroom, and the perfect place to start when choosing new colourways and trends...


Our spare bedroom is just waiting to be transformed into a sanctuary for guests - it provides a space to experiment with colour. I wouldn't perhaps want a busy bedroom all of the time but I'm just itching to get going and create a beautiful space that I can enjoy everyday without having to inflict such a feminine space on my boyfriend; as easy going as he is, I think having to sleep in a floral bedroom is perhaps just a step too far.

So I have the screen, now where to go with colour for the walls?? With a busy, attention-grabbing screen I know I want to keep the walls one colour - no wallpaper or feature walls to be seen. Now just to choose which colour to opt for? Here are a couple of front runners...

Farrow & Ball - Arsenic No. 214

Fired Earth - Garden City

Crown - Palm Springs

Crown - Originals 1980

All big, bold colours but if you can't experiment a little then what's the point, we can't all live in showhomes now can we!?

I'll be sure to show you the finished result, watch this space...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...