Thursday 3 May 2012

Old & Board - Wish you were here!

I know I say it a lot but, let's face it, this weather is grim. It's already May and London is grey, drab, damp, chilly and generally dull - I feel my view at this very second highlights this perfectly...





As much as I would much prefer this:





or this:





or even this, (after all I just want sunshine!):


...it just doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon, instead I've taken to dreaming about kitting out my garden to make the most of the sunshine when it does finally decide to make an appearance - say hello to Old & Board...

Old & Board is a San Francisco based company that works directly with the customer to design and hand-make beautiful chairs and tables out of reclaimed wood, customising the finish specifically to the customer's needs. With all of the wood coming from salvage yards, waste from building projects and even old pallets there are some imperfections, but that's what makes the finished chair or table so great - every product is unique and tells a different story. 

Unfortunately for us Old & Board currently only sell locally in San Francisco but I doubt it will be garden weather anytime soon in the UK so, who knows, they might be available here by the time the sun does come out - either way these are certainly worth sitting in the rain for - I'm in love.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...