Wednesday 15 February 2012

FOOD: The Riding House Café

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being invited for a delicious breakfast at the The Riding House Café on Great Titchfield Street, W1. This is a place I've been meaning to try out for a while now and I have to say, it was well worth the wait!

I started off with a green tea, now this is something fairly standard but what came next can only be described as Heaven on a plate. After much deliberation (should I be healthy and go for porridge? Perhaps something a bit bigger say eggs benedict? Oh perhaps the fruit/yoghurt combo? Oh no...!) I opted for the full-on, calorific-but-so-good-I -don't-care option, the pancakes...

Pancakes to die for!

Now this was a business meeting so I thought it a tad inappropriate to whip out my phone and snap away so this is taken from the website but it's exactly what was placed right in front of me (minus the river of maple syrup I drowned everything in). If I had to choose just a few words to describe this meal they would be - Heaven, Euphoric, Hell - the latter purely for what my waistline was thinking.

I cannot praise this place enough, and to think that's based purely on something so simple as pancakes.

For those of you not after a fancy brekkie The Riding House Café serves right throughout the day and also has an oh-so-cool bar area for after work drinks. With everything from Rib Eye Steak to Chateaubriand this makes it both the ideal spot for a date as much as a fab venue for a night out with friends. I will most definitely be returning very, very soon.

43-51 GREAT TITCHFIELD ST LONDON W1W 7PQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...